Thursday, September 6, 2018

EXPERIMENTAL FILM REVIEW

To begin I'm no film expert, though I would like to be. Tonight I watched my first experimental film called "Ballet mécanique" by  Fernand Léger and Dudley Murphy. My initial reaction was not one I was expecting, I thought based on my personality and interested I would enjoy the film, but alas I did not. Baseline gave me a headache and I prefer contemporary experimental because of how aesthetically pleasing there are, unlike this. That might be due to the technology of the time but it just lost me. And I personally would not consider "composed" music to be a drunk person slamming on piano or screeching on a violin, but maybe that's just me and I don't know anything about composing music. I'm still going to explore other experiments but this one was just not the one for me. I will say though for the time which it was created, 1924, I do wonder how they created some of the effects.

No comments:

Post a Comment